Our wooden cabins do not require specific installation skills and can usually be built by homeowners who have basic skills.
Cabins arrives packed and covered with a waterproof but breathing film. In each cabin package you will find detailed assembly guide-instruction with a clear parts list of each wall, flooring and ceiling. Screws, nails etc are included in the package.
Prior to arrival of your kit, ensure you have the appropriate building approvals in place.
- Preparing the site and subfloor (concrete pad, and or steel or timber posts and beams. Don’t forget your termite treatment/s if you are in an area where termites are prevalent.
- Install basic wooden elements.
- Follow the plans, place marked timber pieces as per instructions.
- Place windows and doors in the correct position/s.
- Finish setting up the walls.
- Next install the gables (if applicable) and install beams to the right places.
- Finish your cabin by setting up ceiling boards and installing your preferred roof coverage (
IMPORTANT! It’s necessary to treat your cabin immediately after installation.
Initially, we recommend to treating/ painting / finishing your wooden cabin and components at least twice (with paint/timber finish) on both inside and outside to protect your cabin and keep it looking fantastic! We advise that you seek advice from your paint/finish supplier for the most appropriate product for your area.
Remember to retreat as needed and to regularly inspect/treat for termites (at least annually).